This holiday, really i'm most looking forward to that good ol' fashion family time. Christmas has always been a special time of year in our house. Lots of fireside time, reading, giggling and eating too much indulgent food. This year O and I are tyring to make all our gifts by hand. It has been fun and very rewarding. However I have to admit I've been to a few craft fairs and favourite stores and had my eye on some fun things. So here's my wishlist- to Santa Clause of course, who else would be able to deliver all this good stuff to one gal:
1. Rainboots- Living in Vancouver, with a stroller, a gal needs some good water proof boots. Ive had my eye on Hunters for the past few years. I like that they are tall and stylin'. Plus their timeless and built to last.
2. Calendar- I got one of these last year from Janis Nicolay at Pinecone Camp. I just love the cheery photos that greet me each month by my desk.
3. Maple Syrup- Little known fact about me: I have waffles and bacon pretty much every sunday morning. It is a ritual for O and I. He hates them, but loves how much joy it brings to my day. Would love to try some of this Noble bourbon barrel matured syrup.
4. Necklace- Not just any necklace. A local designer Henderson Dry Goods makes these sweet long chains. I love the old world quality and mixed medium process. Jane Austen is always good to wear close to the heart.
5. Soap- I am a total soap snob. There you have it. I love french triple milled soap and anything that leaves your skin buttery and smelling of a fresh shower. My favourite scents are: lavender, olive, musk and milk.
6. Yoga Pass- Before I had Luce I did yoga at Semperviva at least once a week, if not twice. I love the various studios and teachers. I am craving getting back into this again in the new year. Nothing like a few long hold poses to kick you back in shape.
7. Pencil Jar/ Flower Vase- I definitely don't need this by any means, but I have always loved Hayday Designs porcelain mason jars. So unique and delicate and great for multipurpose use.
8. Tea- I am a tea drinker. About 3 cups a day. I love all types, but my fave for an array of interesting selections are at David's Tea.
9. Print- I have come across this artist Jeannette from The Beautiful Project so many times, and always pause and stare at her amazing cards and prints. I couldn't find an image of the print I love (called Good Morning Sunshine), but her stuff is amazing.
10. Book- One of my most favourite authors, Adam Gopnik, has a new book out, fitting with the season called Winter. I heard an excerpt from this at the Massey Hall lectures and it sounds amazing.